10 Dec 2006

Malignant Sadness - by Lewis Wolpert

This book has the subtitle "The Anatomy of Depression". It does not sound like light reading, but it is quite an accessible consideration of what depression is all about. The author is a scientist who has himself experienced depression.

This is the November Bookclub selection [I am rather behind]. It is not a book I would have necessarily come across by myself, though it is a topic that interests me. I think I gained some further insights from hearing his perspective.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mr. Walls:

This entry in your book log seems like the most appropriate place to leave this note.

I was searching for help on sedum plants (which attract butterflies) when I found your late wife's blog today.

I was saddened to learn, as I looked through her site and followed electronic leads back to you and this blog, that she had passed on. (There's no email contact that I could find directly linked to the butterfly sedum page.)

I am very sorry for your loss. She seems to have been a knowledgable, generous, and intriguing person. I was glad to see that you still have so many active blogs, and hope that you are recovering.

Colin said...

Thank you for your message ankhorite, which is greatly appreciated. My email [mail@colinwalls.com] is linked from the www.butterflygarden.co.uk home page.