10 Oct 2011

Case Histories - by Kate Atkinson

I guess this was a "typical" Kate Atkinson book: multiple story lines, which are connected in some way or another; lots of characters, some of whom are not all they seem; multiple timelines, sometimes obvious, other times a chapter takes place just before the previous one. All in all, a read that needs a fair amount of attention or getting lost is inevitable.

The author also has the knack of tell the reader just enough, but no more, information than they need to figure out what is going on. On finishing it, I sat back to wonder whether I got everything. Was Laura's killer who I thought it was? Was the girl with yellow hair Tanya?

Overall it was a good story, that demanded my attention and kept me turning the pages. All I ask from a book really.

No comments: