8 Dec 2011

The Girl Who Played with Fire - by Stieg Larsson

I was not disappointed with this book! It carries on neatly from the first one, but with a whole new thread. It kept me reading and it got harder and harder to put down. The story is complex, but the big challenge is keeping track of all the Swedish names.
By then end, I have arrived at various conclusions. At a certain level, it is the story of the love between two people, who will not admit it to themselves, let along to one another. The ending is a work of art. The story just stops, but you realise that all the loose ends have been tied up.
I have ordered the DVD of the (original, Swedish) movie and need to resist moving on to book #3 straight away. I feel very acutely the sadness that the world has lost such a gifted author.

No comments: