18 Apr 2012

Mummydaddy - by Jeremy Howe

As I expected, this book is a moving account of the author and his daughters' life after the sudden loss of his wife and their mother. I wondered whether there would be parallels with my own experiences, but, realistically what he experienced was much worse - his loss was sudden and he was left with two young children and very precarious finances.

The story is written in quite an emotionally intelligent way, which made it easy [for me] to empathize with the author most of the time. I will admit to being irritated by some of his practical shortcomings in the domestic sphere, but I know that, really, we each have our own strengths and weaknesses. I was pleased that the story had a beginning , a middle and an end. It really covers the first few years after Lizzie's death, then, and the end, it fast-forwards to the present day so we are not left wondering how it all turned out.

No comments: