26 Nov 2013

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life - by Scott Adams

As I expected, this was an entertaining and thought provoking read. I am not sure whether it is a self-help book or an autobiography. Maybe, as it is always good to learn from other people's experiences, all autobiographies are, in effect self-help books ...

Adams covers numerous aspects of life and discusses his approach. Mostly its a matter of applying his core philosophies: have systems instead of goals and embrace failure as just part of the process. There are plenty of amusing anecdotes and off the wall ways to think about stuff which made me smile, but that does not detract from the good advice and food for thought served up on just about every page.

I have been known to express the view that the last name Adams is a sign of genius [as in Douglas as well as Scott]. This book does nothing to change my mind.

No comments: