13 Mar 2015

Talk Like TED - by Carmine Gallo

In some ways this is a typical American business book - it has some fairly basic ideas, which are repetitively addressed in a variety of ways. Having said that, I felt that the ideas were valid and useful and the discussion and background gave them context. I believe that many presenters would learn a lot from this book. I have sat through too many long, boring presentations, so I see room for improvement.

Personally I did not learn a great deal of new stuff from this book, but a number of my ideas about how to make presentations better were reinforced and justified by the author's research. This will give me greater confidence in implementing them myself and advising others.

Bottom line: IMHO, anyone who does presentations - even infrequently - should read this book.

No comments: