12 Apr 2016

This Book Will Make You Mindful - by Jessamy Hibberd

I was interested in the idea of Mindfulness, so, when this book was recommended, I was receptive to giving it a try. My initial impression was that it was like many American self-help books [although it is not American - it is written in a very British style] and started out with repetition, repetition, repetition. It constantly told me how wonderful Mindfulness would be and how I would learn to do it. It became irritating, but I stuck with it.

In due course, the book became more informative and quite readable. The recommended way to read it is to work through, pausing to do the exercises from time to time. I decided to ignore this and just read it through. My idea was that I might come back to it later and do the work, once I had an idea of the big picture.

I feel that the book gave a me quite a good idea of what Mindfulness is all about and I enjoyed the ideas. Will I come back and do the exercises? Well, maybe ...

No comments: