28 Sept 2017

Dead Simple - by Peter James

This book ticked all the boxes for me. It was a complex story, but not confusing, which took some very interesting surprise turns. I thought that the characters were well drawn for the most part. I reached the unput-downable phase very early and the story, with short chapters and very good pace, kept me turning the pages. The final resolution of the story was not clear until the very end.

Two things make this book somewhat unusual. The author did not rush the ending. In many books, one is left with the impression that, seven eighths through, the author had got bored and rushed to finish it. The other unusual thing is that the story is told in one, clear timeline and this is used surprisingly effectively from time to time.

I was pleased to see that there are a dozen or so more books in this series. I already have a couple on my Kindle and will be reading them in due course.

No comments: