12 Nov 2017

The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being: Evolution and the Making of Us - by Alice Roberts

Overall, I found this book to be a fascinating read. It is very logical and goes into lots of detail. I really liked the idea of exploring evolution and embryology at the same time. I think that a scientific education and a lifelong interest in science help me a lot, but I did think that detailed parts could be skipped without missing anything vital.
Some of the editing was a little lax. There are places where a term is used, but not defined until later. In other cases, a concept is explained then the explanation repeated soon after. I am being picky, as the overall quality of writing is very good. The author manages to bring a lot of herself and her personality to the writing.

No comments: