11 Jul 2018

The Rosie Project - by Graeme Simsion

After my initial feeling of identifying with Don, I quickly realized that, although I understood his logic and way of thinking, he was a lot worse than me! The story is laugh-out-loud funny in places and other bits are cringe-worthy embarrassment, but, to me, it was all quite credible.

As the story progresses and we get to know Don better, he is also rapidly developing as a person. Like Don, the other characters are mostly quite well drawn and the story progresses at a good pace.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. I was entertained, but also made to think. An interesting aspect of the story is, if Don were told the ending at the start, he would have deemed it impossible. However, as the reader, I found his transition, leading to the climax of the book, quite believable.

I am not 100% sure that I want to read book 2, although the reviews are quite strong ...

No comments: