4 Mar 2020

His Dark Materials: The Complete Collection - by Philip Pullman

This book took a while, which is unsurprising as it was probably the longest book I have ever read! However, the pace and quality of the writing kept me on track and I was always keen to get on to the next chapter.
I am not normally a fan of the fantasy genre, as I have trouble suspending belief. But, in this case, the author does not demand that I take on too much weird stuff. There are aspects of the physics that trouble me, but I decided not to think about them and just enjoy the story.
Really it’s a great read and I’m glad I devoted the time to it.
I now need to re-read The Secret Commonwealth, having been reminded of the starting point. However, I think I will wait until the final volume of The Book of Dust is, at least, in sight. 

No comments: