20 Jun 2020

Not the End of the World - by Kate Atkinson

Despite my reservations about this being a collections of short stories, I really enjoyed this book. The quality of writing was excellent - just what I would expect from this author. The stories individually were well structured and very imaginative. What was not clear initially, but gradually became more apparent, were the links between the stories. Even though they do not have an obvious common theme [except, perhaps, death] and none of them [with one exception] have the same characters, people and situations are cross referenced increasingly as the book goes on. By the end, I was actively searching for the links. I look forward to the paperback publication [and resulting Kindle edition price decrease] of Kate Atkinson’s latest book.

No comments: