1 Dec 2020

Nine Perfect Strangers - by Liane Moriarty

This book, like the others that I have read by this author, pulled me in very quickly. The story has a brisk pace that moved me along. The characters are well-drawn so that I have a clear picture of each one in my mind. There are also not too many [11-12 main ones, I guess] so I always knew who is being talked about in the text.

The book is an interesting mix of a main storyline, multiple back-stories and a psychological exploration of the main characters. That sounds like a mash-mash, but it holds together well; it all seemed to belong.

Although aspects of the story seemed somewhat unlikely, they were far from being implausible. Very much the model for this author’s work. I have just one more book of hers that I have yet to read. I will resist that for a while and hope for more in the future.

No comments: