6 Jun 2021

What I'm reading ...

I have started Circle Of Friends by Maeve Binchy. Some years ago I had a spate of reading Irish authors and very much enjoyed Maeve Binchy’s work, so I thought I would like reading another one of them. [Of course, with my bad memory, I may find that I have read it before!] Here’s the blurb:

Generous-hearted Benny Hogan and the elfin Eve Malone have been best friends for years, growing up in sleepy Knockglen. Their one thought is to get to Dublin, to university and to freedom...
On their first day at University College, the inseparable pair are thrown together with fellow students: beautiful but selfish Nan Mahon and the handsome Jack Foley.
But trouble is brewing for Benny and Eve's new circle of friends and, before long, they find passion, tragedy – and the independence they yearned for.

No comments: