9 Aug 2022

Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living - by Glennon Doyle

I very rarely give up on a book, but, with this one, I came close. My main gripe was repetition, as with many American self-help books, the author has some great ideas but bangs on about them repetitively. She also claims to be a feminist, but initially I found her writing very sexist. I decided to give it a fair chance and make the call at 100 pages.

When I got that far, two things had changed. Firstly, she seemed to finally admit that many things that she had seen as challenges that only women experience are not really that gender specific. Second, she started talking a lot more about her life and experiences, which I found much more interesting.

Overall, I still feel that there is a great 125 page book in here. I think that her insights and ideas will stay with me.

No comments: