4 Mar 2023

Nothing Gets Sold Until the Story Gets Told - by Steve Multer

I was initially attracted to this book because I know the author. Steve and I did some work together a few years back and we’ve kinda stayed in touch. Steve’s work impressed me back then and I was interested to see how he had developed and hear some of his ideas for success in public speaking.
I would say that I did not learn a great number of useful lessons from this book. Firstly, this is because I do very little public speaking in a professional context nowadays [as I am happily retired]. Second, having done many conferences and similar activities over the last 30+ years of my career, I learned a good many lessons the hard way. If only Steve could have written this book 30 years ago …
Anyone who is starting out on public speaking or has limited experience, would be well advised to read this book. You don’t have to agree and comply with everything - you’re not buying into a methodology. But you will definitely pick up tips and get guidance to becoming a better presenter [and one who probably enjoys the activity a whole lot more].

No comments: