1 Aug 2024

Behave - by Robert Sapolsky

When I set out to read this book, I was daunted by its length. As it turned out, many pages at the end were devoted to notes, bibliography etc. However, it was still about 750 pages of very solid material and, being a slow reader, it took me a while. But it was worth the effort.
The scope of the book is immense, as the author is an expert in human behaviour and neuroscience and constant reviews the connections between these disciplines. His writing style is relaxed and pleasing to read, with the occasional witticism. There are numerous technical terms, but the author does not assume any particular expertise and defines terms before using them. It is probably a book where I should have been taking notes as I went along.
Overall, I learned a lot from the book and believe it will actually help me understand many aspects of the [human] world that are so often mysterious.

No comments: