8 Jan 2006

What I'm reading ...

I have started Margrave Of The Marshes by John Peel and Sheila Ravenscroft

I was rather upset when John Peel died suddenly in late 2004 - I felt I'd lost a friend. I wasn't alone - many people seemed to be affected by his early death. Generally, I don't "do celebrities"; most celebs are, IMHO, rather talentless individuals who happened to be in the right place at the right time. JP was different. Anyone who listened to him on the radio felt that he was a personal friend. He always seems so open and accessible. This biography, started by John and finished by his widow and family will, I'm sure be interesting reading. I have a feeling he was a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy. We'll see. My list of "people I'd most like to have a beer/chat/dinner with" seems to get shorter by the day ...

No comments: