3 Jul 2012

The Key To Rebecca - by Ken Follett

I very much enjoyed this book, which quite quickly became unputdownable. The characters are well drawn and the story progresses at fair pace. It had enough complexity and twists and turns to keep me on my toes. There is one brief and not very explicit sex scene, which appears unexpectedly and is rather strangely written, but I can forgive that.

As always with a novel, I hoped to learn something and maybe I do now know something about the events in Egypt during WW2.  I shall certainly be reading more of this author's work.

1 comment:

rupesh patel said...

Hi colin

Just on the beautiful paje beach in zanzibar reading my kindle and decided to read your book blog!

I've had this book on my kindle for a while as it was about 70p and it sounded good so I thought why not. I contemplated reading it just yesterday but instead came across pillars of the earth with follet himself describes as his best book. So I'm now reading that! But pleased to see you enjoyed the book, I shall move on to it after I've read midnight's children with is queued up next!

Rupesh