10 May 2022

What I'm reading ...

I have started Cops and Horrors by Matt Calveley. I enjoy memoirs and biographies. I know Matt and, when he told me about his book, I knew I’d need to read it. Here's the blurb …

As a decorated officer on the police front line, Matt Calveley saw it all.
He fought violent criminals, arrested hundreds, dealt with numerous horrific incidents – and got bitten by a squirrel monkey called Clive.
In Cops And Horrors, Matt recalls the hair-raising highs and harrowing lows during
30 dedicated years of Metropolitan Police service in which two days were never the same.
During his time, Matt worked at the sharp end as a custody sergeant, provided jury protection during a huge corruption trial and was involved in countless white–knuckle car chases – including one involving a rogue Santa Claus driving a flashy limo.
From confronting a machete-wielding maniac, working undercover to catch the Mardi Gras bomber, dealing with grieving relatives and catastrophic road death scenes, it wasn’t a job for the faint-hearted.
But Matt survived it all – and now is ready to tell the tale.

No comments: