17 Aug 2016

What I'm reading ...

I have started Big Brother by Lionel Shriver. With a couple of trips coming up, I wanted some “holiday reading” - not something light, but a book that I can get lost in. Shriver has become one of my favourite authors, so I was delighted to find that I had two of her books on hand, unread, and chose this one. Here's the blurb:

When Pandora picks up her older brother Edison at her local Iowa airport, she literally doesn’t recognize him. The once slim, hip New York jazz pianist has gained hundreds of pounds. What happened?
Soon Edison’s slovenly habits, appalling diet, and know-it-all monologues are driving Pandora and her fitness-freak husband Fletcher insane. After the brother-in-law has more than overstayed his welcome, Fletcher delivers his wife an ultimatum: it’s him or me.

No comments: